Become an RTO – Changes to register an RTO in 2018 – Part 5 of 6 (This is the 5th phase in the student’s journey).
Become an RTO – If you are considering applying to become an RTO there are a whole host of things you need to understand before you can make an informed decision about moving forward with your idea. IMPACT Workforce Training Group like to ur on the side of caution, particularly now The Regulator has made significant changes to the application process, (1st May 2018), which in our opinion, are game changes. The impact this will have on those wishing to become an RTO maybe far more thought provoking than you had originally considered. So, we have provided you with a glimpse of what you could expect in the form of a series of blogs that will take you through the phases.
This will be a road map, it will allow you to understand how robust the process to become an RTO is, and what you really need to have in place to ensure you will be approved at audit. This is part 5 of a 6 part update.
Last week we looked at Training and Assessment – The 4th phase in the students journey.
This week we will look at Conclusion – The 5th phase in the student journey
This area focuses on ensuring certification is only issued to students who have completed all assessment requirements. Certification documentation must be issued in a timely manner and must be in a format prescribed by the standards.
In this phase we ask you to review your statement of attainment templates, as well as your proceses for issuing secure certification and a method to ensure defraud. System is in place.
Please consider and ask yourself these questions:
|1. Does your certification documentation include the name of the organisation, space for the RTO code and the NRT logo|
|2. Does your certification documentation use the NRT logo only in accordance with Schedule 4 of these standards|
|3. Do your Qualification testamurs include the code and title of any qualification|
|4. Your Qualification testamurs include (where applicable):
· if required by a state/territory training authority, the relevant state/territory training authority logo the industry descriptor
· the occupational or functional stream (in brackets)
· if delivered through an apprenticeship program, the words ‘achieved through Australian Apprenticeship arrangements’
· if training and assessment has been delivered in a language other than English, the words, ‘these units / modules have been delivered and assessed in [language]’
followed by a list of the relevant units/modules.
|5. Do your Statements of attainment include the code and title of all units/modules that have been completed|
|6. Do your Statements of attainment include a space for the authorised signatory|
|7. Do your Statements of attainment include the organisation’s seal, watermark or corporate identifier|
|8. Do your Statements of attainment include, where applicable:
· if required by a state/territory training authority, the relevant state/territory training authority logo if the statement of attainment relates to part of an incomplete
qualification, rather than a standalone unit, the words ‘these competencies form part of [code and title of qualification(s)/course(s)]’
· the words, ‘these competencies were attained in completion of [code] course in [full title]’
· if training and assessment has been delivered in a language other than English, the words, ‘these units / modules have been delivered and assessed in [language]’ followed by a list of the relevant units/modules.
|9. Do your certification templates only refer to the unique student identifier (USI) in accordance with the Student Identifiers Act 2014.|
|10. Does your organisation has a system place to ensure all AQF Certification records will be registered and maintained for 30 years.|
|11. How long will the student have to wait before they receive their qualification or statement of attainment?|
|12. What is your systematic process from successful completion by a learner to their receipt of the certificate. Eg who is initially informed of successful completion, who will register the successful completion, who will print the certificate, to the final sign off. (Axcerlerate)|
|13. Please read and understand the Student Identifiers Act 2014|
|14. Please read and understand the requirements for all certificate templates here: https://www.asqa.gov.au/news-publications/publications/fact-sheets/sample-aqf-documentation
We are more than happy to assist you!
1330 933 037